Sunday, September 03, 2006

Questions We All Need to Ask

Well guys, I'm behind on posting--again. The good news, though, is I have something to post (yea!).

First question: Would you like an easy way to see when I've updated my blog? If so, look at the bottom of my sidebar. You will notice a place to subscribe to Abundant Blessings. All you do is fill out your e-mail address where you would like to receive my musings and then you won't have to search over and over only to be disappointed that I haven't written something new. What happens is FeedBlitz will send the post directly to your e-mail. You can click on the link to come to my site or just read the e-mail note. FeedBlitz will notify you only when I have something new. I use FeedBlitz to receive my favorite blogs and like the convenience. Hope you will, too.

With that out of the way, I have some more important questions for you. First I need to set the stage. My pastor has been doing a series titled American Idols where each week he shines the light on things we, as Americans, tend to let come between us and God. Today the idol was Excitement/Pleasure. Pastor Steve asked some deeply probing questions and I want to ask them of you. Here we go:

1. What are you giving yourself to that is significant? (Consider: Life is going faster, but is it taking us to better places?)

2. In Whom are you investing yourself?

3. For what are you embracing sacrifice?

4. If you were to die today, what would you be known for?

As Arsenio Hall used to say, "Things that make you go 'hmmmmmmm'." Only not because of the incongruity but because of the significance the answers mean to our lives, our futures, and those we touch. Pastor Steve also left us with some parting thoughts so I'll empart them to you.

Some people leave lasting investments of their lives.
Some people leave lingering impressions.
Some people just leave.

Abundant blessings,
Jenny

No comments: